Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Awesome Saturday getting a facial and makeover at Nordstrom’s Washington Square

 https://susanmiller64.wordpress.com/2023/10/03/awesome-saturday-getting-a-facial-and-makeover-at-nordstroms-washington-square/


Today was an awesome day and yes I started off going to the gym and taking care of things but was thinking the whole time about the day ahead. Jennifer had got to know a couple of the girls who work at Nordstrom’s in Washington Square, their names are Tiger who works the Gucci cosmetic counter and Harmonie who works the Clinique cosmetic counter. Well she told them about our group and they offered to do a mini facial and makeover for our members and today was the day. I had scheduled my appointment for 4pm and I think we had 8 to 10 of our group going. I started getting ready a little after 12 and took my time as I really wanted my makeup to look good. I was all ready by 1:30pm and on my way, yes I would be early and walk around the mall till my appointment. I did call Cassandra on my way and we ended up talking for almost an hour. She has also signed up for Diva Las Vegas and we talked about the events we would sign up for. It was great to talk with her and I am looking forward to seeing her in 3 weeks.

I got to Washington Square just before 3 so I had about an hour till my appointment. Now the mall was really busy and one thing I did notice was there were way more security officers here then last time I was here which was nice but also really sad that we as a country have come to this point. I did check out several ofA person taking a selfie

Description automatically generated the stores but which is always fun but I was really looking forward to 4pm, so much so that I finally walked down to Nordstroms and sat at a table out front about 3:45 to wait. It was just before 4 when I went into the cosmetic section and talked with one of the ladies and she said it would be just a few minutes. Now this was a new experience for me and I wasn’t sure what to expect, I knew it was a mini facial and makeover and yes there was no cost but I was sure they expected me to buy some stuff which was okay as there were some things I needed. The lady took me back to a side room and introduced me to Tiger and Harmonie and they were so wonderful and truly made me feel at ease and so welcome. I can see why Jennifer talks so highly of them. Now Tiger and Harmonie names were easy to remember as Jennifer had texted us all about them. There were 2 other ladies here that actually work for the cosmetic company and not Nordstrom’s and I think their names are Tiffany & Crystal and they were every bit as nice and also made me feel very welcome. They also went all out as they had a table with fresh fruit, wraps and yes cookies and donut holes. They were just finishing up with Alice and Cindi and were talking to us all like we were friends, not customers, which really made it special.

Tiffany was the one who did my facial and she walked me over to another room for that. She was so friendly and talked o me the whole time, she told me about herself and I told her a lot abut me also, it was amazing how comfortable I felt talking with her. of course I was also enjoying the facial. She started with removing my makeup and doing a cleansing using what she called a Clinique 7-day scrub cream which was awesome and probably something I will buy as it worked really well, Tiffany said I should use it every 7 days but I can use it more often as it is gentle enough to use every day. She also massaged in a hydrating lotion which felt really good and yes, reminded me a lot like my pedicures. It really was relaxing; she even massaged the lotion on my fore arms and hands. I will probably do the facial again. Now to tell you the truth I have no idea how long it lasted as fun things always seem to go by so fast but I am guessing 20 to 30 minutes and by the end I felt like I had made a friend. Now it was time to walk back to the other room for my makeover.

I got back to the other room and Tiger and harmony was finishing up doing Cindi and Alice’s makeovers and were explaining what they were doing and how to apply the makeup they were using and they both looked awesome. While I waited for them to finish I did have a couple more cookies. Now it was time for me and I sat down in the chair and Crystal was the one doing my makeup and she was also awesome. She started off with a primer and then tested several foundations to find just the right shade. Now just like tiffany while she was explaining what she was doing she was also telling me about herself and I found myself telling her things about me. I think that is what made this so special and by talking about themselves and getting me to talk they made it more personal. It really was like getting together with friends for the afternoon and doing makeup. It didn’t seem like they were here because it was their job. Now she finished it off with a bronzer from Gucci which rally gave a warm look to the outer part of my face. After Crystal was done she asked if I had any questions or if I was interested in any of the items and I was. I have been looking for a good bronzer so I did tell her I wanted the bronzer from Gucci she used as it looked good on me and I also told her I wanted the Clinique 7-day scrub cream. They finished it A person smiling at the camera

Description automatically generatedup by taking pictures of us and I had a couple taken with my phone also. It seemed like such a fast tine but it was 5:45 now, I have been here for almost 2 hours, it went by so fast. Kris was just coming in for her appointment and it was good to see her. This was an incredible experience and all of them were awesome. Crystal and Tiffany are only here for events But Tiger and Harmonie are here all the time so if you are in Nordstrom’s at Washington Square stop by the Gucci cosmetic counter and meet Tiger Clinique cosmetic counter meet Harmonie and tell them Susan says hi. I thanked them all and the only bad thing about the day was on me, I should have gotten a picture with the 4 of them to post on my blog.

Now Cindi and Alice wanted to go to dinner and invited me, Jan and Lynn so we were all going to meet at Oswego grill for dinner. We got there and got a table in the bar for dinner. I probably should have gone home as I have to be up at 3:4am tomorrow for work but I felt and looked so good I didn’t want the night to end. We ordered dinner and sat and talked and yes it was all about today. All of us had such a wonderful experience and thought the ladies at Nordstrom’s went way above and beyond and we will all be going back to see them. We all looked so beautiful. We had a wonderful dinner and Kris was able to join us after her appointment, we were just finishing but our dinner. I Stayed a while but soon it was almost 9pm and I had a ½ drive home so I got my bill and paid it and called it a night. What a wonderful day and I want to thank Jenifer for setting today up, Nordstrom’s for hosting it and a big thanks to Tiger, Harmonie, Crystal and Tiffany for going above and beyond and making it such a special day.

It was after 10pm by the time I got home and got ready for bed so it will be a short night but so worth it. A person taking a selfie

Description automatically generated

Thanks for reading my blog and sharing this part of my life.


No comments: