Sunday, October 8, 2023

First Saturday of October and I was able to spend a little time as Susan today.

 



This weekend is going to be a perfect fall weekend, low 80’s and sunny so I had a lot to do and yes I started with going to the gym and then home to do yard work. Now I love my tome as Susan and look forward to it and yes when I retire I will spend more of my time as Susan but there are times I don’t want to be Susan like at the gym or when I am doing yard work. Getting hot, sweety and dirty is just not part of my female experience. I worked in my yard from 10am till a little after 3pm and not once did I think about being Susan. As a matter of fact a couple times I had to be extra careful and slow down as I was worried I might break or damage a nail, which I am glad to report my nails are fine. This is why I really do like being able to be both female and male. When I came in to clean up and shower there was nothing feminine about me. I took a long shower and by the time I was clean it was almost 4pm and I did think about just skipping my Susan time today but I do need a couple things from Home Depot I forgot and shopping is my Susan side of life plus I figured I could go to Starbucks for an hour or so and write my blog from Wednesday night’s dinner.

I started my makeup and immediately felt good as there is just something about applying my makeup. I was all ready by 4:30 and yes I did think about going to the Escape tonight for dinner but figured posting this late I probably wouldn’t get any of the other girls to go. I grabbed my computer and I was off to Home Depot, it only took about 10 minutes to get there and I parked by the garden center as I need 2 bags of peat moss and a bag of grass seed as I want to over seed my front yard, that was what I did this morning was get it ready. Being Saturday they were really busy, it only took a few minutes to get what I needed, I actually spent more time standing in line at the register. It does seem funny to be out as Susan in a summer dress shopping at Home Depot as years ago I would have never imagined I could do this. A few blogs back I mentioned the balance I try to have in my life between my male and female side and this is a prime example. My male side does the hard, dirty, physical yard work and my female side helps out by buying the stuff I need. it really is the best of both worlds. It was just before 5pm now and I was only a couple miles from the Starbucks in Orchards so that was where I went.

I got to Starbucks and went in and as always a couple of the Employees greeted me by name before I even got to the counter to order, which is wonderful. I got my drink and sat down and wrote my blog from Wednesday nights dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory and posted it. As I said it was a short day out and by a little after 6pm I packed up and went home to make dinner. Years ago I loved getting dressed up and just spending time at home as Susan but now days if I take the time to transform to Susan I want to go out even if only for an hour or so an if I do that I am fine coming home and spending the rest of the evening as Susan. I think why I am okay with this is because I was actually doing something as my female self before coming home, kind of like any other woman who is coming home. It is not just dressing up as I had a purpose to it as I want my time as Susan to count for something.

It was about 6:30pm when I got home so I was only out for 2 hours but it was a fun and relaxing day and now I get to make dinner and watch some movies on Hallmark, yes one is a Christmas movie I haven’t seen.

Now I am looking forward to Sunday and a little ore Susan time, it should only take an hour or two to do the over seeding of my yard and spread the peat moss so I should have most of the afternoon to go to my Sunday Starbucks.

Thanks for reading my blog and sharing this part of my life.

No comments: