Monday, October 23, 2023

Saturday before Diva Las Vegas and my vacation begins with getting my nails done at Dream Nails

 

It is Saturday October 21st and the first day of my two-week vacation and yes that means getting my nails done for Diva Las Vegas. I stayed up late last night and got up early today as I want to be able to take a nap later today before m long drive. I started getting ready a little after1 as I am hoping I can get in early today to get my nails done. I took my time even though hopefully it will be a short outing today. I was all ready by 12:15 and got a few pictures before calling Dream nails. I called and they said I could come in anytime so I told them I would be there in a few minutes.

I got to Dream nails and went in and it turns out Anna was not here today so another lady did my nails and really they all do a wonderful job here. Now the funny thing is last year when I got my nails done for Diva Las Vegas Anna was also off and it turns out the same lady who did them last year is doing y nails today. She asked me if I wanted a chrome color like last tie and I told her I wanted to lengthen them and she asked how long so I showed her the picture on my phone and told her I wanted my nails to look like the picture on my phone and she said we would have to remove the nails and start over which I had figured on. Now this does add time. She started on my nails and we talked a little, they were not busy at all just one other lady getting her nails done. I took probably 20 minutes or more to remove my old nails and yes it does mess up your nails when you remove acrylic but to get the look and length I want it is worth it yes I am going for a coffin shape and a 1/2 long.

With the nails removed and cleaned up it was time to glue on the extensions which are really long. Once they were glued on she trimmed them down and I actually asked her to go a little shorter. Now it was time to put the acrylic on my nails and as she did this I was looking at the color swatches to pick out my shade of red, she recommended Dark Scarlet #432 so I said yes. She took her time and really did a great job. The other lady finished and left and 2 more ladies came in to get their nails done. With the acrylic on and my ails shaped it was time for the gel polish. She took her time and did 2 coats and a clear topcoat and my nails looks spectacular. I will say tis is the shape and length I would love to have all the time and yes this red or some other red color as I really love red as you can tell from my lipstick choices. It was just before 2pm when I was done, yes it took about 1 1/2 hours to get my nails done today and I loved every minute. The picture on the left is what I asked for and the 2 on the right is how my nails look for the next two weeks. Let me know what you think.

 



        

I thanked her and I was on my way. I decided to stop by Starbucks across the street and write my blog from today before going home to load my car and take a nap. I got to Starbucks and went in and they were busy at least when I walked in. As I was ordering a bunch of people came in so it was a good thing I had put my computer on a table. I ordered my drink and then got my computer set up before going up and waiting for my drink, Breanne was making my drink today and of course I had to show her my nails and she loved them. We talked briefly before I sat down and wrote this blog. I only stayed her till 3m before going home. I figure I can get my car packed and be laying down by 4pm and sleep till 8 or so before getting up and getting ready for my long drive. It is a 16-hour drive and leaving at 9pm gives me extra time so I van make stops and not have to push it, which is important when driving that far by yourself. My next blog will be from Las Vegas so stay tuned for my week of fun.

Thanks for reading my blog and sharing this part of my life with me.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: