Sunday, October 15, 2023

Saturday Susan time at Starbucks and getting ready for Diva Las Vegas

 



It is Saturday October 14th and I am one week away from Leaving for Diva Las Vegas, Next Saturday I will get my nails done and then Saturday evening leave for the 16-hour drive to Las Vegas. Now I have some things to get done around the house and yes some shopping as I am getting low on one of my foundations and I also need snacks for the 16-hour drive. I am still deciding if I will make the drive as Susan of my male self. I have always done the trips as Susan but usually I am traveling with someone so being Susan is important plus it is fun to do the whole trip completely as my female self. the downside is other than when I stop for gas r breaks I am just in my car and when I get to Las Vegas I will have to completely redo my makeup before going out Sunday night and checking into the hotel with makeup I have had on for more than 16hours would look bad unless I stopped someplace and was able to redo or at least touch up so really leaning towards traveling as my male self. Now I will have long red nails and I will have some mascara on and I am thinking about some light eye makeup and a neutral lipstick.

I started getting ready a little after noon and took my time as getting ready and doing my makeup is a lot of fun. I took about an hour getting ready and today I did a purple eye shadow, with a pinkish red lipstick and a winged eye liner which actually turned out pretty well. I also wore my purple sweater top and black skirt with black footless tights, it was a cute look. I got a few pictures and then I was off with my first stop being ULTA at Cascade station. I actually use several different foundations depending on the look I want and how long I will be wearing it. Yes for all day I really like the MAC Studio fix as it last and looks the best over time and if I drive as Susan this is the one I will wear but it also cost 3 times as much so for shorter outings I have found a few drug store brand that work great for 4 to 8 hours. The first is Revlon color stay full coverage foundation which covers well and doesn’t look heavy but I find after about 4 hours my face gets dry looking. The second one I like is the Maybeline Superstay foundation, this is a really good long wearing foundation, 8 hours maybe longer and is almost as good as the MAC, but this one you have to be careful as it is easy to get too much on and then it looks heavy on your face but it lasts. The one I need today is the cover Girl outlast full coverage which is the one I use the most. This is a good 6-to-8-hour makeup and I actually use two different shades. First I use 855 soft honey on the middle of my face, around eyes, nose cheeks and around lips.  and then on my jaw and neck and sides of my face and below my cheek bone I use 857 golden tan. Blended together it helps contour my face some. Wow got a little sidetracked there.

I got to ULTA and went in and it turns out they don’t have the Cover Girl outlast foundation I looked around and did pick up a couple cosmetic sponges as mine are getting worn. Now being so close to COSTCO that was my next stop as I need gas and it is $3.99 a gallon here compared to $4.96 at the Fred Meyers by my house, plus I also wanted to go inside and pick up some snacks for my trip, Almond, beef jerky and Chips plus it is fun shopping as Susan. COSCTCO was busy as always but only took me about ½ hour and then I was on my way. I did need to stop at Starbucks and write my blog and catch up on things and I decided to go to the one by my house even though there are two right here.

I got to Starbucks by my house about 3 and went in and they were really busy today. 4 people in line to order and probably 6 waiting for there drinks and all the tables were taken although there were a couple open seats at the big 8-person table so I put my computer on the corner and went and got in line to order. This Starbucks does not have a drive through so it is great for people watching as everyone hast to come inside and it is good to see it busy as I wonder if this one might be closed. Before COVID it was open till 8:30pm and now it closes at 5:30 and a year or so ago they opened a Dutch Bros drive through at the edge or the parking lot a couple hundred yards away. I ordered my drink and then waited for it in hopes one of the tables along the window would open so I could plug my computer in. Breanne made my drink today and we talked a little, actually she told me she loved my top and it looked good on me, this is one of my favorite tops and I have had it a long time. I also mentioned I was going to Las Vegas in a week.

Well I got my drink and sat down at the big table with a few other people and started working on my blog from Wednesday nights dinner and of course people watching. This is actually a fun and relaxing way to spend a couple hours and way better then sitting at home on my computer. Now it stayed busy but a little after 4 the table right behind me by the window opened up so I moved over there so I could plug my computer in. I finished my blog and posted it and did a few other things and by 5pm it finally started clearing out. It was about 5:15 when I packed up to leave, as I was leaving I told Breanne and the other lady here to have a good night and Breanne told me that they were going to start staying open till 6:30pm in a couple weeks so it sound like business is doing well here and maybe I don’t have to worry about them closing this one.

I decided to stop by Pada Express and get dinner and the lady who always remembers me was working, her name is Christina and I hadn’t seen her for a couple months. Well we talked briefly while she got my food and it turns out she has been moving around including 6 weeks in Bend Oregon and it sounds like she might become a manager in Bend. It will be sad to see her go just because she is really good and has made that personal connection and by that I mean she remembers me and what I order. Now the other people who work here are great but there is something special about being remembered. I got my food and went home for the night as I have some laundry to do as I am washing all the clothes I want to take to Diva Las Vegas. The rest of the evening was spent watching TV and yes this is the one way I do like spending time at home as Susan, if I have been out and then come home I do stay Susan, it is just transforming into Susan to just sit at home is the one I have a hard time with now.

Oh and on a side note I did go to the gym this morning and I found out something about the elliptical machine. It turned off after 65 minutes, today I decided to just do cardio so I just kept going. 20 minutes at level 8, 10 minutes at level 6, 10 minutes at level 4 and then the rest was at level 1 and I did 4.15 miles in the time I was there. I wanted a good workout as I will miss out for a week while I am in Las Vegas.

Now I am looking forward to a little more Susan time on Sunday and of curse the week ahead. Thanks for reading my bog and sharing this part of my life with me.

No comments: