Saturday, October 7, 2023

Dinner with friends at Old Spagehetti Factory

 


Susan Miller

It is the first Wednesday night of October and we have a small group of ladies going to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory on the Willamette River, this is also one of the places we have been going for a while. We have been doing Wednesday night dinners for more then 10 years now and a lot of the ones we used to go to have closed. Who Song and Larrys is probably the longest as I think we first went here was in December of 2009 and Old Spaghetti Factory was a year or two later so our group has a good history with them. I did call last night and made reservations for 5 as we have a smaller group this week, normally when we come here we get 10 to 15 ladies, just like at Who Songs & Larrys. These two places seem to get the best turnout of course so does Outback Steak House. I got home early today s I had plenty of time to get ready. Julie texted me as I was getting ready and couldn’t make it tonight which was sad as I really look forward to seeing her and enjoy our riding together. I took my time getting ready and did a red lip and purple eye shadow and tonight I wore my grey silver dress which is a little heavier as we are into fall and of course nylons and heels. I left about 6:15 and was a quiet ride, I really missed visiting with Julie.

I got to Old Spaghetti Factory about 6:40 and parked and I had gotten an E-mail from Poppy she wouldn’t be able to make it so we would have a really small group tonight. I was just getting out of the car and I saw Gina so we walked in together. They were not at all busy unlike last time we cam here. I checked in and updated our reservation to 3 and Gina and I sat down to wait. It was only a few minutes later and Kris showed ho so we were all here and we were shown back to our table. our waiter came and took our drink order and he was awesome. We talked for a few minutes and looked at the menu but I knew what I would have when I picked Old Spaghetti Factory. We all ordered and yes I got the Chicken Parmesan which is awesome.

Now we sat and talked and being a really small group it was a great way to really get to know each other. I have know Gina for almost 10 years and we even got together a few times years ago with Stefia for lunch but tonight we had a really good chance to talk and share things about ourselves. I know years ago when we would go out we really didn’t share anything personal and by that I mean things about our male side such as where we worked, lived, family or anything about our male side for fear others would find out who we really were. When I first started going out and we would leave Embers at 2am in the morning I would walk by myself to my car as I was afraid if they saw my car they might figure out who I was from my license plate. Now days the girls in the group I will share just about anything with them, for those who have not met the male side of me I actually have a picture that I will show them, yes out of all the hundreds of Susan pictures I do have 1 picture of my male side on my phone. I bet if I had all the pictures I have taken of Susan over the years it would be over 10,000. Back between 2008 & 2011 we all had digital cameras and every time we went out we would take 20 to 40 pictures between selfies and pictures with other girls. Nowadays it is about 10 whenever I go out as I usually take a few extras so I make sure I get some good ones to post. I do hear from people reading my blog that I always look so good in my pictures and I will give you my tip on how to get great pictures. Take a lot and only post the good ones.

Our food came and it was awesome as always. We had a nice dinner and great conversation and as we got seated early and the fact they were not busy our food came quickly. It was about 7:50 when we finished eating and ordered the ice cream we got with dinner so it would probably be an early night. Well we ate our ice cream and then just sat and talked, which was really nice. It was really enjoyable and before we knew it, it was almost 9pm, wow the night went by fast. We paid our bills and I gave our waiter a little extra and he really was good and he was fine with us just sitting there and talking and even took a few pictures of the group for me Gina, Me and Kris.


We all walked out together and went our separate ways. The drive home was quiet and only took about 20 minutes so I had a little time before I had to wash my makeup away and go back to my male self. Now I am looking forward to the weekend and hopefully a little Susan time on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for reading my blog and sharing this part of my life with me.

 

   

 

 

 


No comments: